Data Solution Architect
- The Solution architect in this role will perform hands-on data modeling and assist with the development of process and tool improvement in relation to data management.
- This individual will take direction from the enterprise architect to support planning the strategy and governance and design database structures based off architectural models.
- Gather project requirements from business and technical teams and design the database structures for the applications. The goal is to create data structures to store data and applications
- Convert the requirements in the data structure using Oracle (ERD) Entity Relationship Diagram tools and create relational and dimensional data models.
- Relational: Normalized relational models for reporting. Using Oracle and DB2 tools from legacy Mainframes.
- Dimensional: Reporting on historical facts afterwards using Hadoop, Oracle and DB2 analytics reporting.
- Experience working with Metadata tools
- Hadoop experience (preferred)
- The Data Architect provides Data Modeling and Data Management expertise to achieve business outcomes as a member of the Data & Analytics team.
- Under the direction of Enterprise Information Architect, the Data Architect contributes to the definition of standards, policies, and procedures in alignment with industry standards and best practices.
- The Data Architect contributes to analysis, planning, and solution design. They ensure solution designs and data models adhere to standards for business requirements as well as maintainability, extensibility, and security.
- As a project team member, the Data Architect creates and maintains conceptual, logical, and physical data models to meet business outcomes. They maintain reference data, metadata, and technical and non-technical documentation as required.
- The Data Architect participates as needed for other areas including validation, testing, and troubleshooting, including off-hours support if needed.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Information Systems. (Additional years of related work experience may be substituted for education beyond an Associate Degree.)
- Expertise in data modeling and data management is required for the Data Architect candidate.
- This includes demonstrated experience with normalized industry data models (e.g. party model), dimensional data models, and data modeling best practices to meet operational, master data, warehousing, big data, and BI needs.
- Strong proficiency with SQL and tools for data modeling, metadata management, and data management is required. Technical familiarity with ETL, data services, and hadoop is preferred.
- Experience working on Agile project teams, applying Agile concepts to data modeling and design is required.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication is a must, with a demonstrated ability to express technical concepts to a non-technical audience.