Sr Database Administrator
- Responsible for the physical development, implementation and maintenance of the database management systems and underlying databases. This environment primarily includes Oracle, Cache, and Microsoft SQL Server databases running on UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Assist the Applications team in the installation and support of major business application and data warehousing initiatives supporting the hospitals' end user departments.
- Improve or maintain a high level of database system performance and availability
- Ensure proper implementation of computing infrastructure in support of business application initiatives.
- Evaluate existing systems and procedures, and makes recommendations for improvements as required.
- Develops and executes work plans for the design, build, and implementation of databases.
- Ensures proper system backups are completed to ensure recovery on a timely basis for an on-site recovery or an alternative site recovery
- Works closely with the IS Security Team to maintain or reach high levels of security and to develop, implement and test the disaster recovery plan for the organization's network and data centers
- Identifies and acts to resolve technical and functional issues related to database environment including system down, performance, and usability concerns.
- Prepares required system documentation to aid in troubleshooting, disaster recovery practices, security initiatives, and cross-training.
- Demonstrates a continually improved understanding of the overall technology infrastructure including UNIX servers, network, Intel based servers, and security
- Conforms to formal departmental methodology standards including project management, change management, testing, and security requirements.
- Report to the Manager, Technical Infrastructure and works under the general direction of a Database Administration Lead.
- Five or more years of relevant database administration experience is required.
- Certified SQL Server 2012/2014/2016; and/or Oracle 12c certification [Requirement]