Germantown, (none selected)
Since opening our doors in 2002, Extension has been making waves in the Recruiting and Staffing industry. Extension has won “Best of Staffing” three years in a row and most recently was ranked #4 for “Largest Area Contingency Executive Search Firms” by the Milwaukee Business Journal. Extension has changed the lives of thousands of candidates. Contact us TODAY.
Our client is looking to bring aboard an Application Engineer for a Contract to Hire opportunity. The client is located in Germantown, WI.
Who you are:
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have strong customer interactions skills with users of all levels.
- You work great under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment.
- You have a passion for learning new programming languages, tools and technologies.
- You are very organized, detail-oriented, and able to think creatively.
What You’ll Impact at Our Client:
- You will collaborate with business units and technology subject-matter experts to elicit and translate business requirements into technology solutions.
- You will provide technical guidance into business decisions, including feasibility, functionality opportunities, estimates, and future road-maps.
- You will develop programming standards that will be utilized in the environment.
- You will provide scope, timeline and cost estimates for software solutions and manages work to meet those goals.
- You will evaluate alternate, innovative solutions to business problems including the use of commercially available software where available and provides recommendations on build vs. buy decisions.
- You will collaborate with peers in the Corporate IT team to ensure support, security and adherence to standards in solution designs.
- You will evaluate current or emerging technologies to recommend solutions that consider factors such as cost, scalability, and security
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience with Azure, SQL, Microsoft, .Net
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in a related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in application architecture, design and implementation of Microsoft based solutions, leveraging the .NET Framework and Microsoft SQL Server in both on-premise and Azure based platforms.
- Experience and working knowledge with the deployment and support of Microsoft Azure IaaS and PaaS platforms.
- Experience in supporting data warehouses including ETL packages using SSIS and SSAS.
- Deep understanding and experience with agile development practices, including unit testing and continuous integration.
- Possess the technical and interpersonal skills to become a trusted advisor to stakeholders by advising on best-fit technologies and practices.
- Possess a strong blend of technical and people skills to interact with business leadership and to align software solutions with the enterprise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask across different projects.
- Experience in PowerBI, ERP and CMS systems a plus.