Cobol Programmer Analyst
Brookfield, (none selected)
Since opening our doors in 2002, Extension, Inc. has been the leading full-service staffing solution for the Greater Milwaukee area. Our belief is that spot-on recruitment is an opportunity to be embraced and enjoyed as clients and candidates alike build their futures.
Our client is looking to bring aboard a Cobol Programmer Analyst for a Direct-Hire opportunity. The client is located in Brookfield, WI.
Who you are:
- You are able to learn industry-specific knowledge and new technologies.
- You are independent and innovative in spirit!
- You have Exceptional troubleshooting, problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to gather relevant data, think analytically and solve problems under pressure.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to communicate tactfully and effectively with customers.
What You’ll Impact at Our Client:
- You will maintain and create software programs to support the information needs of the company.
- You will perform system design, system development, and system support primarily using COBOL, CL, and SQL programming languages.
- You will implement and support “add-ons” to the IBM System i-Series.
- You will identify and implement processes to reduce cost and improve applications’ run-times.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/MIS/CIS/Engineering or equivalent education.
- 5+ years in software engineering using COBOL, CL and SQL in an IBM systems.
- Looking for someone who programmed COBOL on AS400 vs Mainframe