Chicago, (none selected)
Since opening our doors in 2002, Extension, Inc. has been the leading full service staffing solution for the Greater Milwaukee area. Our belief is that spot-on recruitment is an opportunity to be embraced and enjoyed as clients and candidates alike build their futures.
Our client is looking for a Data Engineer for a Direct-Hire opportunity. This position will be a remote role with onsite training for first 6 months in Chicago, IL.
Who you are:
- You are knowledgeable with technology, best practices, and G Suite.
- You are great at meeting demanding quality standards and conforming to various software development processes.
- You have strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- You have a customer focused attitude!!
What You’ll Impact at Our Client:
- You will work with cutting-edge cloud technologies and help shape the future of how data is used in the Enterprise.
- You will use Google Cloud Platform to build Enterprise-grade Big Data solutions.
- You will architect and build new cloud-based data pipelines.
- You will bring together multiple data sources into a unified data warehouse.
- You will apply analytics and visualizations to customer data sets.
- You will establish strategic customer relationships and become their go-to trusted advisor for Big Data needs.
- You will assist in strategic direction and planning for growth of the Cloud Data Team.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science or a related discipline.
- 5+ years or more of enterprise-level consulting.
- Experience with large data sets and Enterprise-grade databases (structured and unstructured).
- Experience architecting and building data pipelines.
- Understanding of the ETL (extract, transform, load) process.
- Experience extracting data from multiple sources via APIs and scripting.
- Experience transforming data through field mapping, programmatic rulesets, and data integrity checking.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to design solutions not immediately apparent.
- Experience with BigQuery.
- Experience with SQL (architecture and queries).
Experience with Tableau / other enterprise visualization and BI tools.