Data and Reporting Specialist
Waukesha, (none selected)
Since opening our doors in 2002, Extension has been making waves in the Recruiting and Staffing industry. Extension has won “Best of Staffing” three years in a row and most recently was ranked #4 for “Largest Area Contingency Executive Search Firms” by the Milwaukee Business Journal. Extension has changed the lives of thousands of candidates. Contact us TODAY.
Our client is looking to bring aboard a Data and Reporting Specialist for a Contract to Hire opportunity. The client is located in Waukesha, WI.
Who you are:
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have strong customer interactions skills with users of all levels.
- You work great under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment.
- You have a passion for learning new programming languages, tools and technologies.
- You are very organized, detail-oriented, and able to think creatively.
What You’ll Impact at Our Client:
- You will assist with designing, managing, and coordinating data and reporting structures.
- You will assist with coordinating system audits to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- You will be in collaboration with various university departments, manage data mapping and consistency.
- You will design, develop and provide standard, custom, and ad hoc reports.
- You will assist with designing, coordinating, and implementing BI tool output design and delivery.
- You will support and maintain Cognos BI system throughout conversion to new ERP. Support includes database management, system enhancements, upgrades, and reporting.
- You will provide reports, data extractions, and information from various university systems.
- You will maintain data security and integrity using industry standards and best practices.
- You will perform SQL programming related tasks.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree required. Major in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, preferred.
- 3+ years of data management and reporting experience required.
- Experience with report writing/business intelligence applications required.
- Experience in analyzing business/user requirements required.
- Experience with administrative systems in a higher education setting desired.
- Proficient knowledge of SaaS applications and database architecture.
- Knowledge of relational databases: architecture, database design, queries, stored procedures, triggers and functions.
- SQL knowledge including complex report creation from multiple data source.
- Experience with Microsoft: Power BI, Dynamics, Azure.
- Ability to work effectively with various business intelligence tools, (ex. Cognos, Tableau), report development tools (ex. SSRS) and data processing systems.