Chicago, (none selected)
Since opening our doors in 2002, Extension, Inc. has been the leading full service staffing solution for the Greater Milwaukee area. Our belief is that spot-on recruitment is an opportunity to be embraced and enjoyed as clients and candidates alike build their futures.
Our client is looking for a DevOps Engineer for a Direct-Hire opportunity. This position will be a remote role with onsite training for first 6 months in Chicago, IL.
Who you are:
- You are knowledgeable with technology, best practices, and G Suite.
- You are great at meeting demanding quality standards and conforming to various software development processes.
- You have strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- You have a customer focused attitude!!
What You’ll Impact at Our Client:
- You will work with external customers and internal support and build teams to determine how best to leverage tools and techniques involving Infrastructure as Code, Configuration.
- You will be doing management, Continuous Deployment, and other DevOps techniques to improve delivery quality, speed and experience.
- You will partner with SDM, Delivery, and Support teams to find opportunities to reduce manual effort needed to complete deployments.
- You will consult on Professional Services Engagements to help our customers design and implement systems that are robust and well suited to their target infrastructure.
- You will design and build reusable, repeatable toolsets, components and modules for future use with other clients where possible.
- You will travel up to 30% to meet with clients to discuss to work through solution design in-person with key client subject matter experts.
What we’re looking for:
- Some Cloud Experience - GCP / AWS / Azure / OpenStack.
- Proficiency with one or multiple development languages eg: Python, Node, Ruby, Java, Go.
- Scripting & Infrastructure automation skills - Python, PowerShell, Bash, ZSH, etc.
- Configuration Management / System Automation - Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Config Engine, Vagrant, etc.
- Infrastructure provisioning (Terraform, CloudFormation, Cloud Foundry, others…).
- Containers & Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Helm).
- Understanding of Application deployment/configuration processes.