Director of Engineering
Milwaukee, (none selected)
Since opening our doors in 2002, Extension, Inc. has been the leading full-service staffing solution for the Greater Milwaukee area. Our belief is that spot-on recruitment is an opportunity to be embraced and enjoyed as clients and candidates alike build their futures.
Our client is looking to bring aboard a Director of Engineering for a Direct-Hire opportunity. The client is located in Milwaukee, WI.
Who you are:
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have strong customer interactions skills with users of all levels.
- You work great under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment.
- You have a passion for learning new programming languages, tools and technologies.
- You are very organized, detail-oriented, and able to think creatively.
What You’ll Impact at Our Client:
- You will lead multiple teams to design and implement CI/CD architecture and patterns, reviewing source code/branching strategies.
- You will ensure the development team is provided with the right tools, patterns, training and onboarding to embrace great delivery.
- You will support a always, available delivery pipeline across on-prem and cloud environment.
- You will support teams of CI/CD engineers using transparent, data driven metrics.
- You will support application deployments, build new systems and upgrade existing ones.
What we’re looking for:
- S in Management Information Systems or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of DevOps experience
- 5+ years of Cloud platform experience, AWS and Azure
- 7+ years of CI/CD experience.
- Understanding of Kubernetes, Jenkins, Gitlab, Github, Maven, and Serverspec
- Exposure to system log analytic/monitoring tools like Splunk, New Relic, Application Insights, System Center
- Experience with delivering microservices on a Kubernetes platform