Help Desk Specialist
Hartland, (none selected)
Since opening our doors in 2002, Extension has been making waves in the Recruiting and Staffing industry. Extension has won “Best of Staffing” three years in a row and most recently was ranked #4 for “Largest Area Contingency Executive Search Firms” by the Milwaukee Business Journal. Extension has changed the lives of thousands of candidates. Contact us TODAY.
Our client is looking to bring aboard a Help Desk Specialist for a Contract to Hire opportunity. The client is located in Hartland, WI.
Who you are:
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have strong customer interactions skills with users of all levels.
- You work great under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment.
- You have a passion for learning new programming languages, tools and technologies.
- You are very organized, detail-oriented, and able to think creatively.
What You’ll Impact at Our Client:
- You will answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- You will consult with user to collect information about problem and lead user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- You will troubleshoot and determine whether problem is caused by hardware, software or is user related.
- You will log and track calls using problem management database, and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- You will make recommendations to reduce helpline incident rate.
What we’re looking for:
- Computer related Associate's degree from or current enrollment in a two-year college or university.
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of standard office productivity applications, Windows operating systems, Google Apps and a basic understanding of computer hardware functionality and networking concepts.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills as well as patience and a customer friendly attitude
- Ability to balance responsibilities despite frequent interruptions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Capable of working well in group problem solving situations, as well as individually