Help Desk Specialist
Milwaukee, (none selected)
Since opening our doors in 2002, Extension has been making waves in the Recruiting and Staffing industry. Extension has won “Best of Staffing” three years in a row and most recently was ranked #4 for “Largest Area Contingency Executive Search Firms” by the Milwaukee Business Journal. Extension has changed the lives of thousands of candidates. Contact us TODAY.
Our client is looking to bring aboard a Help Desk Specialist for a Contract to Hire opportunity. The client is located in Milwaukee, WI.
Who you are:
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have strong customer interactions skills with users of all levels.
- You work great under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment.
- You have a passion for learning new programming languages, tools and technologies.
- You are very organized, detail-oriented, and able to think creatively.
What You’ll Impact at Our Client:
- You will provide first-contact customer service for requests to acquire and/or install telecommunication hardware and software.
- You will provide help desk support on computer systems, applications, equipment, network and telephone systems to in house staff.
- You will be responsible for managing and maintaining an organization’s Local Area Network (LAN).
- You will be working with phones, phone system, and voice mail systems.
- You will analyze telecommunication service requests, determine requirements and discuss appropriate course of action with customers, technical support, and/or vendors.
- You will receive, and/or arrange storage or delivery of telecommunication hardware and software.
What we’re looking for:
- 2-3 years of experience they do not need a degree.
- Must be able to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Experience working with HP Open VMS 7.3-2, Microsoft Windows 7 & Windows 10 and Microsoft Windows Server 2012.