IT Infrastructure Admin
Mequon, (none selected)
Since opening our doors in 2002, Extension, Inc. has been the leading full-service staffing solution for the Greater Milwaukee area. Our belief is that spot-on recruitment is an opportunity to be embraced and enjoyed as clients and candidates alike build their futures.
Our client is looking for a IT Infrastructure Admin for a Direct-Hire opportunity. The client is located in Grafton, WI.
Who you are:
- You have a passion for learning new programming languages, tools and technologies.
- You are very organized, detail-oriented, and able to think creatively.
- You work great under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment.
- You have strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- You are a team player!!
What You’ll Impact at Our Client:
- You will monitor daily operation and performance of VMware/Windows servers (e.g. space usage, CPU, memory) and addresses problems in a prompt and efficient manner.
- You will recommend and install software upgrades, patches, and firmware upgrades as needed.
- You will work closely with Enterprise Compute Team, application teams and business owners to provide assistance, support, and trouble shooting.
- You will provide SOX-compliant evidence for audits as needed.
- You will implement new servers and technology solutions.
- You will develop roadmaps that define the future state technology architecture and time lines.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience required.
- 5+ years’ experience performing system administration.
- Experience with Veeam, NetBackup, Symantec Backup Exec.
- Experience with Active Directory 2008, 2012, 2016, LDAP, and Group Policy.
- Knowledge in systems integration, databases, applications, networking, Web technologies, cloud, IoT.
- Experience leading tactical response for outages and issues.
- Design, configure, and implement new server, storage, and backup solutions.
- Experience with Scripting – PowerShell, VBScript.
- Experienced in Change Management, creating technical documentation, process flows, Visio diagrams.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016.
- Experience with VMWare ESXI 5.x, 6.x, VSAN, and Vcenter.
- Knowledge of Storage systems – SAN, NAS, RAID, Hybrids.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN networking, ethernet, TCP/IP (DNS and DHCP).