IT Network Engineer
Milwaukee, (none selected)
Since opening our doors in 2002, Extension has been making waves in the Recruiting and Staffing industry. Extension has won “Best of Staffing” three years in a row and most recently was ranked #4 for “Largest Area Contingency Executive Search Firms” by the Milwaukee Business Journal. Extension has changed the lives of thousands of candidates. Contact us TODAY.
Our client is looking to bring aboard a IT Network Engineer for a Contract to Hire opportunity. The client is located in Milwaukee, WI.
Who you are:
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have strong customer interactions skills with users of all levels.
- You work great under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment.
- You have a passion for learning new programming languages, tools and technologies.
- You are very organized, detail-oriented, and able to think creatively.
What You’ll Impact at Our Client:
- You will design, maintain, and upgrade network systems and infrastructure.
- You will monitor metrics around utilization and capacity and recommend changes as necessary.
- You will coordinate security testing and implement response or remediation steps as necessary.
- You will ensure creation and maintenance of current documentation of network topology.
- You will assist in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- You will configure, maintain, upgrade and backup all networking equipment and systems to maintain integrity of the network stability and security.
- You will modify firewall rules as needed by users and in accordance with best practices.
- You will monitor network performance, latency and errors to resolve issues both internally and externally.
- You will support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or engineering.
- 2-5 years prior experience in a network specific role and advanced understanding or demonstrated skills.
- Solid knowledge of LAN / WAN protocols.
- Advanced / current Cisco certification preferred.
- Wireless, telecommunications, and networking knowledge.
- Data networking knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP, Optical Transport).
- Industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols.
- Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology.
- Advanced knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio.
- Ability to travel 20% overnight to remote sites