Waukesha, WI 53188
Since opening our doors in 2002, Extension, Inc. has been the leading full-service staffing solution for the Greater Milwaukee area. Our belief is that spot-on recruitment is an opportunity to be embraced and enjoyed as clients and candidates alike build their futures.
Our client is looking to bring aboard a Network Engineer for a Direct-Hire. The client is located in Waukesha, WI.
Who you are:
- You have strong multi-tasking ability.
- You are creative, dynamic team player.
- Technical in nature, with the ability to make recommendations.
- You are focused on delivering excellent results and meeting deadlines.
What You’ll Impact at Our Client:
- You will oversee the network infrastructure, including Cisco routers and switches, VPN appliances, Cisco Wireless access points and controllers, as well as the Cisco voice infrastructure. This consists of the daily monitoring, troubleshooting, and performance analysis of those.
- You will be able to install and configure network components, along with performing log review and analysis.
- You will be able to configure and support routing and LAN switching with Cisco network hardware and software including BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and IOS.
- You will be able to configure and support a Cisco lightweight wireless network infrastructure.
- Have a working knowledge of Cisco voice infrastructure, including Communication Manager, gateways, voicemail, Contact Center, and collaboration tools.
What we’re looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 2 years (with 4 or more preferred) of related technical experience working with Cisco IOS and Nexus network equipment, firewalls, wireless, and VoIP product solutions in an administrative capacity.
- Certifications from our vendors and partners are preferred. This includes: CCNA, CCNA-DC and Network+.
- Desire to remain current on technology and trends in the industry. Cisco, (Experience over certifications)
- 2-3+ years of routers, firewalls, switches, Network Engineering experience, (Not Administrator).