Senior COBOL Developer
Milwaukee, (none selected)
Since opening our doors in 2002, Extension, Inc. has been the leading full-service staffing solution for the Greater Milwaukee area. Our belief is that spot-on recruitment is an opportunity to be embraced and enjoyed as clients and candidates alike build their futures.
Our client is looking for a Senior COBOL Developer for a Contract opportunity. The client is located in Milwaukee, WI.
Who you are:
- You have a passion for learning new programming languages, tools and technologies.
- You are very organized, detail-oriented, and able to think creatively.
- You work great under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment.
- You have strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- You are a team player!!
What You’ll Impact at Our Client:
- You will work closely with customers, business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
- You will provide application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- You will develop program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- You will code, test, debug, document, implements and maintains software applications.
- You will maintain tests and integrates application components.
- You will ensure that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- You will analyze requirements, and translates business requirements into product designs.
- You will write technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
- Knowledge with IBM COBOL, DB2, JCL and IMS DB/DC.
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.