Milwaukee, (none selected)
Since opening our doors in 2002, Extension has been making waves in the Recruiting and Staffing industry. Extension has won “Best of Staffing” three years in a row and most recently was ranked #4 for “Largest Area Contingency Executive Search Firms” by the Milwaukee Business Journal. Extension has changed the lives of thousands of candidates. Contact us TODAY.
Our client is looking for a Server Specialist for a Contract to Hire/ Direct hire opportunity. The client is located in Milwaukee, WI.
Who you are:
- You are knowledgeable with technology, best practices, and processes for implementing custom developed solutions.
- You are great at meeting demanding quality standards and conforming to various software development processes.
- You have strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- You are a team player!!
What You’ll Impact at Our Client:
- You will provide administers a complex data center environment and is responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance and health data center assets. This includes the monitoring of production system performance and responding to environment issues.
- You will demonstrate a strong bias towards service, quality and customer satisfaction; applying information on past experiences and assists others in applying these lessons to solve problems.
- Provides technical assistance in server planning, engineering and architecture. Assists in long-term strategic planning to ensure server capacity meets current and future requirements.
- Provides recommendations on changes and design enhancements to improve reliability, security, processes, and performance.
- Ensures the appropriate level of documentation to support the operation.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal and external clients.
- Proactive monitoring of all servers and hardware using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and superior SLA’s.
- Assists in developing, implementing, testing and maintaining server level disaster recovery plans.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of emerging server tools and technologies.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends system technologies to support business requirements.
- Ability to support multiple platforms/applications and supporting 1000+ servers.
- Develop and manage a robust data backup and retention strategy.
What we’re looking for:
- Advanced degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or a combination of education/training and work experience equivalent to an advanced degree.
- Demonstrated experience supporting an enterprise level server environment which includes, but is not limited to: MS Server (2012, 2012R2, 2016).
- Experience with setup and maintenance of MS System Center Products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to effectively exchange ideas and information and effectively relate to others in order to accomplish work responsibilities.
- Can effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization.
- Superior working technical knowledge, including Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Local Area Networks, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy and Active Directory to include a detailed understanding of the configuration and operation of Microsoft server products.
- Experience developing system administration scripts using PowerShell.
- Experience with setup and maintenance of MS Hyper-V.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills — ability to plan and achieve a variety of tasks. Able to set priorities for client requests and deal with a number of issues concurrently.
- Teamwork — possessing a good team spirit and demonstrating self-management and flexibility in taking on new challenges.
- Experience in setup, configuration, and support of Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp technologies.
- Working knowledge with SAN technologies and hyper converged infrastructures. Nutanix and Storage Spaces Direct technologies are preferred.