Milwaukee, (none selected)
Since opening our doors in 2002, Extension has been making waves in the Recruiting and Staffing industry. Extension has won “Best of Staffing” three years in a row and most recently was ranked #4 for “Largest Area Contingency Executive Search Firms” by the Milwaukee Business Journal. Extension has changed the lives of thousands of candidates. Contact us TODAY.
Our client is looking for a Software Architect for a Contract to Hire/ Direct hire opportunity. The client is located in Milwaukee, WI.
Who you are:
- You are knowledgeable with technology, best practices, and processes for implementing custom developed solutions.
- You are great at meeting demanding quality standards and conforming to various software development processes.
- You have strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- You are a team player!!
What You’ll Impact at Our Client:
- You will be involved in leading the overall technology direction of the product, bridging legacy and emerging technologies to deliver a product that meets the business and customer needs.
- You will be responsible for working with other developers to ensure the overall technology direction, best practices, and company policies are being met.
- You will provide technical input into business decisions, including feasibility, functionality opportunities, estimates, and future roadmaps.
- You will define, guide and protect the technical vision of the product.
- You will communicate technical direction and guidance to the development organization.
- You will be creative with encouraging use of best practices and patterns.
- You will ensure software meets all security, quality, and extensibility requirements.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree needed
- 5+ years or more relevant experience
- Experience with software solutions that are cost effective, adaptable and scalable but also adhere to policies and meet the needs of the business.
- Experience managing the risks associated with design decisions and how they relate to standards and security practices and policies.
- Experience defining core system components and their relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Evaluate current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, portability, compatibility, or usability.
- Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
- Develop the frameworks, standards, policies, principles, and procedures that guide technology decisions and maximize reuse of technology.