Software Engineer Embedded Linux
Madison, WI 53702
Since opening our doors in 2002, Extension, Inc. has been the leading full-service staffing solution for the Greater Milwaukee area. Our belief is that spot-on recruitment is an opportunity to be embraced and enjoyed as clients and candidates alike build their futures.
Our client is looking to bring aboard a Software Engineer Embedded Linux for a contract opportunity. The client is located in Madison, WI.
Who you are:
- You have strong multi-tasking ability.
- You are creative, dynamic team player.
- Technical in nature, with the ability to make recommendations.
- You are focused on delivering excellent results and meeting deadlines.
What You’ll Impact at Our Client:
- You will debug, analyze and optimize data stream interfaces and protocols.
- You will be coding device drivers and applications on the LINUX kernel level.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years’ experience as a software engineer.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, or related field.
- Basic knowledge of GDB debugger and Eclipse along with strong debugging skills.
- Linux kernel experience a plus but not required.
- Experience with network protocols and serial interfaces.
- Experience writing documented, maintainable code in a production environment using source code control software.
- Experience with GIT source control a plus.
- Should be able to run TFTP, Telnet, serial port windows.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the full software development lifecycle, with some engineering and business analysis experience a plus.