Sr. Mainframe Programmer
Milwaukee, (none selected)
Since opening our doors in 2002, Extension, Inc. has been the leading full-service staffing solution for the Greater Milwaukee area. Our belief is that spot-on recruitment is an opportunity to be embraced and enjoyed as clients and candidates alike build their futures.
Our client is looking for a Sr. Mainframe Programmer for a Contract opportunity. The client is located in Milwaukee, WI.
Who you are:
- You have a passion for learning new programming languages, tools and technologies.
- You are very organized, detail-oriented, and able to think creatively.
- You work great under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment.
- You have strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- You are a team player!!
What You’ll Impact at Our Client:
- You will work with conversion team on a project to convert from mainframe to java.
- You will work to learn from current team in order for the current programmers to begin building for the new product.
- You will eventually train offshore teams to manage the current project at that time.
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of mainframe experience
- Experience with COBOL, JCL, SQL (DB2 focus).
- Ability to manage multiple work streams.
- Capable of prioritizing work and meeting deadlines with little supervision.
- Strong communication skills covering all levels of technical understanding.
- Direct customer interaction background.
- Experience working with off shore resources.
- Experience with Java and open systems experience would be ideal, but is not required.
- Proficient in Mainframe programming - COBOL/JCL
- DB2 Database systems