Systems Engineering Manager
Milwaukee, (none selected)
Since opening our doors in 2002, Extension has been making waves in the Recruiting and Staffing industry. Extension has won “Best of Staffing” three years in a row and most recently was ranked #4 for “Largest Area Contingency Executive Search Firms” by the Milwaukee Business Journal. Extension has changed the lives of thousands of candidates. Contact us TODAY.
Our client is looking for a Systems Engineering Manager for a Contract to Hire/ Direct hire opportunity. The client is located in Milwaukee, WI.
Who you are:
- You are knowledgeable with technology, best practices, and processes for implementing custom developed solutions.
- You are great at meeting demanding quality standards and conforming to various software development processes.
- You have strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- You are a team player!!
What You’ll Impact at Our Client:
- You will provide leadership, vision, and strategic direction for the Server/Provisioning and Deployment teams, successfully impacting all IT Data Center technology and services to support the ALG infrastructure.
- You will research, evaluate, and recommend Data Center technology and services including servers, database, and cloud computing technologies
- You will lead the architecture and d
- esign of Data Center technologies.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve connection, reliability, or performance issues.
- Provide high-level analysis and design reviews to solve conceptual problems and drive innovation
- Define and manage service levels for IT Data Center technology and services
- Lead the innovation of Data Center technologies to lower costs and improve product performance
- Establish and maintain Technology Roadmaps, strategic plans, product evaluations, and new product implementations.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing technology standards
- Manage and align Server and Deployment team to achieve business outcomes
- Embrace and hold team accountable to ALG Core Values and Unique Processes
- Work with senior leadership to prepare annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective action
- Work with Information Security to address findings, obtain corporate certifications, and meet regular compliance requirements
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years’ experience in a technology driven organization,
- 5+ years managing technology teams
- Extensive experience driving technology innovation, supporting highly complex systems, and solving critical system issues
- Business processes and budgeting experience
- Vendor / Third Party Management including contract negotiations
- Collaborative, team-building leadership style
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with executives, peers, customers and team members
- Demonstrated experience supporting an enterprise IT Engineering environment which includes, but is not limited to: All current Microsoft Operating Systems (desktops and servers) and applications including SharePoint, Exchange, AX, Office, SCCM/SCOM, Active Directory, Citrix Xenapp/XenDesktop, TFS, DNS, IP, Visual Studio and .Net, Compellent Enterprise Storage, Hyper Converged Infrastructure, Citrix Netscaler load balancers, SAN Technologies, Datacenter environmental systems, Microsoft SQL, VM-Ware, Hyper-V, Microsoft AZURE, and related technology environments.
- On-call, evening, and weekend work required as needed