Telecom Networking Manager
Milwaukee, (none selected)
Since opening our doors in 2002, Extension, Inc. has been the leading full-service staffing solution for the Greater Milwaukee area. Our belief is that spot-on recruitment is an opportunity to be embraced and enjoyed as clients and candidates alike build their futures.
Our client is looking to bring aboard an Telecom Networking Manager for a Direct-Hire opportunity. The client is located in Glendale, WI.
Who you are:
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have strong customer interactions skills with users of all levels.
- You work great under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment.
- You have a passion for learning new programming languages, tools and technologies.
- You are very organized, detail-oriented, and able to think creatively.
What You’ll Impact at Our Client:
- You will provide senior level design solutions, configuration and troubleshooting of network elements to support voice, video and data traffic.
- You will create system support documentation including instructional procedures, provisioning guidelines, test plans, problem documentation and functional process flows.
- You will monitor network characteristics, maintain logs, and follow procedures to effectively respond to out-of-tolerance conditions or outages.
- You will analyze, diagnose and correct network hardware and/or software problems associated with the delivery of data transport to minimize network downtime.
- You will contribute to the design, provisioning, and operations of the edge and backbone transport with emphasis on networking best practices.
- You will participate in research pertaining to development of new network systems and management tools.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology area or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience working within the Cisco Service Provider Product Family (Metro-E, Router, Packet and Optical)
- Experience with field-based work in POPs, carrier hotels, data centers and end customer environments.
- Extensive DWDM(ROADM), Passive, active OADM and SONET experience is essential.
- Knowledge of MEF and CE2.0 Ethernet products and standards, including y.1731 statistics collection, y.1564 testing.
- Knowledge of connection-oriented Ethernet standards including MPLS-TP, G.8032, PBB-TE.
- Knowledge of industry protocols including IP, MPLS, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, VRRP, VLANs, Spanning tree, 802.1q trunking and class/service standards.
- Knowledge of optical troubleshooting skills using OTDR and optical power meters.
- Knowledge of switching technologies (802.1Q, STP, RSTP, PVST+ etc).
- Understanding of optical theory, transport technologies and the operation of optical transport systems (including SONET, SDH, DWDM)
- Strong knowledge of SONET networking, ring and partial mesh network topologies.